Friday, February 22, 2008


Solange Ayre, galaxy-hopping investigative journalist, also serves as a policy advisor to the United Conglomeration of Planetary Jurisdictions. She makes her home on Ayriana, her private island-republic in the West Caribbean region of Earth.

Her novella for Ellora’s Cave, ONE THOUSAND BRIDES, details last year’s shocking abduction of Earth women by aliens.

Would you like to stay up all night and sleep all day?
Darling, how else does one LIVE? All the fun happens at night. I haven’t seen the sun in ten years!

How did you start writing?
I started writing when I realized that my career in intergalactic journalism gave me unique insights. For instance, when the Terilian aliens came to Earth last year and simultaneously kidnapped 1000 women, I was able to communicate with their ship and get the entire amazing story.

What's your favorite song?
“Because the Night” as sung by Patti Smith. Dear Bruce Springsteen wrote the song in a futile effort to woo me.

Which Impaler would you date?
Any of you, you’re all adorable! However, my heart is still given to my dear deceased husband, St. Georges Ayre, who was mysteriously assassinated by ninjas.

Vampires or werewolves?
Vampires, OF COURSE! I dated a werewolf years ago. He wanted me to wear my furs and howl at the moon! Perhaps I would have been up for that (I was a bit wild in my younger days) but the steak tartare was simply too much for me.

If you weren't a writer, what would you be?
Perhaps something incredibly boring, such as an indexer of state statutes. Oh! The mind reels at the very thought!

What's the best part of being a writer?
The near-fanatical worship from my millions of fans.

Of all the characters you've created, who's your favorite?
Delos, the alien hero of ONE THOUSAND BRIDES. I love long-haired men with good physiques. And his cat ears really bring the Sexy.

Who was a better vampire? Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise?
Brad Pitt was more convincing. Since Tom really IS a vampire, he had to be careful not to give himself away. That had an unfortunate effect on his acting.

Thanks, Solange! The Impalers think being an indexer of state statues sounds sexy. ;-)

9 comments:

Christine Nolfi said...

Solange,

I've followed your reporting for years. I especially enjoy the intergalactic slant to your articles--it is a big galaxy out there! What do you think will be the big news stories of 2008? And I can't help but wonder: have you interviewed other famous vampires? I was thrilled to learn that Tom Cruise was part of the tribe--I'd always suspected he was a vampire.

Anonymous said...

What an intriguing question! I expect we'll see an unprecedented number of celebrity divorces, as well as a scandal with a major political figure. In stories closer to home, I met a most intriguing couple and wrote about how they searched for treasure in New Orleans: "Emerald Eyes," coming from EC in May.

Famous vampires? Too many to count, darling! But my lips are sealed.

Rhonda Helms said...

OMG Solange, this is the best interview ever...I am DYING laughing. Way to go--I'm intrigued by your persona, as always!!

Cindy Spencer Pape said...

Indexer of statutes? Perish the thought. Keep sending us your reports, Solange.

Taddus said...

Solange will be forever known as having manipulated Jan towards falling for that rapscallion Delos. You glorify these two with you incessant lies, why do you not tell the truth about me and Beth? Your yellow dog journalism will be mandatory reading in Terilian literature to see how not to tell the truth about Terilian leaders such as I. Curse you until our paths cross again! Cosmic karma will bring us together again and then be forewarned, you will pay for this outrage!!!

Anonymous said...

Taddus: I am a REPORTER. I tell the truth the way I see it. I had nothing to do with the fact that Jan preferred Delos to you. Your own arrogance is to blame!

Christine Nolfi said...

I'm not surprised Taddus is incensed. Stick to your guns, er, pen, Solange. If you don't "out" interstellar goons, who will?

FWIW, I can't blame Jan for falling for Delos. He's so hot. If she ever dares to give him up, I'll be standing in line waiting for his sizzling embrace.

Jamie Denton said...

Dearest Solange,

I am such a huge fan. Forgive if I gush at your celebrated feet, but I can't help myself. You da bomb!

The Impalers said...

Taddus does sound arrogant. Not at all like any of us.

The Impalers