Jamie Denton, known for her sizzling Harlequin Blaze stories and her romantic suspense books for Brava was gracious enough to take time away from writing her latest serial killer to chat with the vampire boys.
Her latest title, REMAIN SILENT, is up for Best Villian at All About Romance. Check it out at www.jamiedenton.net .
The Impalers read Remain Silent and as a result have decided that Jamie is one scary woman, and that she could easily find a way to end their undead lives if she set her mind to it.
Here's what Jamie had to say.
1. Why don’t you write about vampires?
Um…because Erin McCarthy and Kathy Love do it so much better than I ever could.
2. If you could go on a date with a vampire, what would you do?
Heh, heh, heh.
3. What is your favorite vampire movie?
Salem’s Lot, the original with David Soul. Scared the beejeebers out of me!
4. Would you like to stay up all night and sleep all day? What would you miss about day-walking?
I pretty much do that now. Maybe I’m really a vamp at heart? But I’d really miss those early bird sales during the holidays.
5. What celebrity do you suspect is a vampire?
Angelina Jolie. If there ever was a blood sucking bi…uh…woman, she’s it! Just ask Jennifer Anniston.
6. What food would you miss the most if you were a vampire?
7. What is your favorite hobby?
8. What would your hobby be if you were a vampire?
Flying. And that whole putting a glamour on someone thing seems like it’d be pretty cool, too.
9. Who is your idol?
Katherine Graham. Now there was a woman with ba…uh…teeth.
10. Vampires or werewolves? Why?
Definitely vampires. They don’t shed.
11. Where is your favorite place to go on vacation?
New York City because it’s the center of the universe.
12. If you were a vampire, where would you sleep? Coffin? Darkened bedroom? Crypt? Or other? If other, explain.
A suite at the Ava
13. If you weren't a writer, what would you be?
14. What's the best part of being a writer?
No pantyhose! No makeup! And I can work all night and sleep all day if I want to..
15. If your were a vampire, what time period would you have been made one?
The Renaissance. Love the art from that period.
16. Who was a better vampire? Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise?
Brad Pitt. He’s cuter.
Thanks, Jamie! And that's three votes for Brad Pitt. Note to Vittorio: Long hair and melancholy eyes works with authors.